Position Announcement: Executive Assistant/Office Manager
Do you want to work with one of the world’s most influential conservation organizations – one operating in more than 100 countries to protect forests, wildlife and human rights? Would you like to work alongside the senior staff, the board of directors, and members of its largest national office, supporting major strategic initiatives that have worldwide impact?
This full-time position, based at our Minneapolis headquarters, will act as executive assistant for the president of FSC US, oversee office operations, lead our membership program, serve as board liaison, and provide dynamic support to our team. The individual selected for this position will have the opportunity to take on additional program work as capacity and interests allow.
In 1994, an international group of leaders in business, human rights, and the environment came together with a vision of harnessing the power of the marketplace to reward the stewardship of forests, one of the world’s most vital and threatened ecosystems. Together they formed the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), setting standards for responsible forest management and developing a certification system so that consumers of forest products could directly contribute to the health of forests and forest communities.
For 25 years, through its uniquely trusted forest management and chain-of-custody (COC) certification standards, FSC has been advancing the cause of responsible forest management around the world, and across all forest product industries. FSC-certified products are widely available at all major U.S. retailers and nearly 5,000 North American companies are certified under FSC’s chain-of-custody standard, with over 33,000 certified globally. Approximately 200 million acres of forestland are FSC certified in North America, with 485 million acres certified worldwide.
FSC US is the largest national office of the Forest Stewardship Council and is witnessing a dramatic increase in demand, driving the need to add to our team.
POSITION & RESPONSIBILITIES
This highly visible Executive Assistant/Office Manager will work closely with senior staff and directors as well as FSC’s partners around the world – from environmental and social NGO’s to progressive companies, governments and philanthropies. The position affords tremendous opportunity for both personal achievement and professional growth.
The Executive Assistant/Office Manager is responsible for day-to-day activities managing a highly effective national office and reports to the FSC US President. The ideal candidate is extremely detail oriented, organized, and demonstrates adaptability to evolving priorities. He/she/they works independently, with a great deal of initiative, and as part of a team to serve a fast-paced and quick-growing organization, providing exemplary customer service to a wide array of stakeholders, and be driven to continually improve office and program management practices.
Key responsibilities of this position will include:
- Provide the President with administrative support and manage a complex schedule including monitoring communications, managing internal and external schedule, and helping to delegate a wide variety of tasks among team members. • Conduct research to ensure that the President is provided with timely, accurate information and documentation for meetings and presentations.
- Provide support and coordination for the FSC US Board of Directors, including logistical support and meeting planning.
- Manage FSC US International Members based in the US, and enrich and expand our membership program.
- Maintain high level of knowledge of the organization’s programs in order to respond to internal and external inquiries via phone and email.
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Finance, including purchasing, processing invoices, and negotiating and contracting with vendors.
- Coordinate meetings, conferences and other events, including developing and supporting event strategy and logistics for FSC senior staff.
- Maintain professional working relationship with FSC International and other FSC Regional and National Offices.
- Act as the main point of contact for general office needs.
- Other tasks as requested by management.
The position will be based out of the FSC US headquarters in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- At least 2-4 years of experience working as Executive level assistant, office manager, or related role.
- Proven organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail, ability to organize time, manage diverse activities and meet deadlines and demonstrated flexibility to changing situations and priorities.
- Ability to maintain confidential records and information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to interact and communicate properly and effectively—verbally and in writing—with staff, volunteers, clients and general public. Proven ability to rapidly draft clear, concise business correspondence.
- A professional, customer service mindset, including the ability to be courteous, personable, and tactful when dealing with FSC’s full range of stakeholders.
- Must work collaboratively as a team as well as effectively independently.
- Takes initiative and able to make decisions appropriate to level of position.
- Willing & excited to evaluate and improve existing office and program management practices.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in related field, preferred.
- Practice an individual commitment to sustainability and environmental responsibility.
- Willingness to learn Mac operating systems.
- Demonstrated experience in Office 365 Suite, Adobe, Salesforce, Quickbooks and/or other standard business software.
Compensation for this position is commensurate with experience. FSC US maintains a highly competitive benefits package including health and dental insurance, paid leave, retirement savings plan with matching contributions, and a flexible working schedule including every other Friday off. This role will work with our team in a beautiful warehouse building in Minneapolis’ historic North Loop district.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Maggie Abel: m.abel at us.fsc point org.
Please reference “Executive Assistant/Office Manager” in the subject line.
Position is available until filled. Applications submitted by January 15, 2020 will receive priority consideration.