If you are an architect, designer, contractor or someone who is interested in learning about why sourcing FSC-certified materials is important in your project, how to find FSC-certified materials, and how to document the FSC-certified materials for use in LEED and other green building certifications, this course is for you.
You have two options for FSC continuing units:
1. Mastering FSC-Certified Wood in Green Building on GreenCE, Inc.
This CEU is an online, on-demand platform that will describe the essentials of sourcing FSC-certified wood for your green building project.
The CEU is available on Ron Blank & Associate's website, free of charge, and is accredited for AIA and GBCI continuing education credits. The course is also available in a Lunch & Learn and webinar formats. Submit a request for alternative formats here.
2. Mastering FSC Wood in Green Building: The Evolution of LEED and New Rules for FSC Wood in ED+C Magazine
The article and corresponding quiz are approved for continuing education credits by GBCI and AIA. One of the primary objectives of the CEU is to educate readers on the changes in LEED v4 related to credit for use of FSC-certified forest products.
The ED+C article also explains why FSC-certified wood is essential to green building, and why building professionals play an important role in promoting good forest management and conservation in North America and beyond. The CEU also includes information about rules for FSC-certified wood in LEED, clarifies the differences between LEED 2009 and LEED v4 as they relate to FSC, and provides an overview about how FSC is credited in other transformational green building programs in North America.
You can download a PDF version of the CEU here, but to earn continuing education credits, you must take the quiz online.
This course will:
- Explain why FSC-certified wood is key to green building and why building professionals play an important role in promoting good forest management and conservation in North America and beyond.
- Describe the fundamentals of a leading forest certification system with benefits for LEED certification.
- Discuss the new rules for how FSC-certified wood works in the LEED green building rating system, clarify the differences between LEED 2009 and LEED v4 as it relates to FSC, and understand how FSC is credited in other leadership green building programs in North America
- Identify the tools, strategies and resources that green building professionals can use to encourage market transformation to sustainability of the forest products industry.
Many thanks to our CEU sponsors who made course development and management possible. Columbia Forest Products, Collins, and American Green Consulting.
If you have questions about the CEU, are interested in becoming involved in the development of our next course, or have inquiries about Lunch & Learn classes and/or sponsorship opportunities, please contact Amelia Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org.