Gross square feet: 2,236 (with detached garage adding 758 square feet)
Owners: Tom Elliott and Barbara Scott
Architectural Design and Interior design: Tozer Design
General Contractor: James Fagan, Timberline Construction
Sustainability Coordinator: Vidas Architecture
Cabinetry: Dansky Handcrafted
- The innovative use of wood as a structural element brings this project excellent energy performance.
- Wood is abundant in the soffits, ceiling, trim, windows, doors and cabinets, celebrating wood as an integral part of the project.
- The project is seeking Living Building certification, LEED for Homes Platinum certification, and Earth Advantage New Home Platinum Certification.
- 100% of the wood products are FSC certified or salvaged.
- The house used FSC-certified forest products from Parr Lumber Company, Sustainable Northwest Wood and Timberline Construction, including: Western Red Cedar for deck, Glulam for structural beams, Douglas Fir studs for house framing