Friday, 09 June 2017
Reminder: Call for Nominations through June 25 for Board of Directors Elections
May 12, 2017
The call for nominations for the 2017 elections for the FSC US Board of Directors will be open until Sunday, June 25.
The Board of Directors is FSC US’ highest governing authority. Organized under FSC’s three chamber system, the Board leads the development of national strategy, approves national forest management standards and policies, ensures effective financial oversight, and oversees the chief executive.
The elected members of the FSC US Board are drawn from and elected by US based members.
2017 FSC US Board of Directors Elections Schedule
- Thursday, May 18 - Call for nominations and seconds for FSC US Board of Directors
- Sunday, June 25 - Call for nominations closes
- Wednesday, July 5 - Voting opens, ballots circulated
- Sunday, August 6 - Voting closes
- Wednesday, August 23 - New Board members are announced
Each of the three chambers (Social, Economic, Environmental) has three elected representatives on the Board, and each Board member serves a three-year term. In a typical year, three Board member positions, one from each chamber, are open for election. Read more about the position openings and responsibilities of Board members.
FSC International Board Elections
In addition to the FSC US Board openings, FSC International has announced its candidates for the FSC 2017 Board Elections, which was shared with members via the member portal.
The following members have been nominated in the North sub-chamber:
- Hubert Kwisthout, Individual Member, United Kingdom
- Leendert van der Vlist, Netherlands Centre for Indigenous Peoples, The Netherlands
- Barbara Bramble, Individual Member, United States of America
- Patrick Spencer, Cork Forest Conservation Alliance, United States
- Alan Thorne, Tembec, Canada
- Michael E Jani, Individual Member, United States of America
- Robert Hunik, Precious Woods Holding Ltd, Switzerland
Voting will take place online from June to September, and the results will be announced in October. For more information about the FSC International Board of Directors Election, please contact Guille Garza (email@example.com).