Wednesday, 01 April 2020
COVID-19: Ongoing Updates
FSC Updates Related to COVID-19
COVID-19 Derogations & Interpretation: FSC has released and continues to update their policy responses to COVID-19. You can access a collection of these responses here: https://fsc.org/en/newsfeed/updated-and-new-covid- […], or together in a single volume that includes current derogations, plus relevant interpretations and a set of frequently asked questions.
Please see other COVID-related updates and information from FSC International here: https://www.fsc.org/en/news?category=271
The FSC General Assembly will be postponed until 2021, following a decision by the FSC International Board of Directors to protect the health and safety of our members, staff, supporters, and others. The event will still be held in Bali, Indonesia, and the new date is forthcoming: https://fsc.org/en/news/fsc-general-assembly-postp […]
If you have questions about any of these changes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-353-4511.
Curated COVID News
While there is no shortage of news related to COVID-19, the following articles offer direct relevance to businesses and the forest products industry:
Impact of COVID-19 on forest products and related industries
- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has classified workers who support the manufacture and distribution of forest products as part of the critical infrastructure workforce.
- Meanwhile, the Forest Resource Association (FRA) has established an online dashboard providing daily updates on the biomass/pellet, logging, sawmill, pallets, and pulp and paper sectors.
- American Institute of Architects issued analysis of how the economic slowdown will impact design and construction.
- Random Lengths: Excellent source for information on North American Forest Products Markets
General Business Impacts
- This April 13, 2020 executive briefing from McKinsey & Company provides a current update and insights on implications for business, as well as strategic response frameworks.
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (“CARES Act”) Summary of this Act’s language and key takeaways which should be relevant to all US FSC certificate holders.
- Harvard Business Review: Build Your Team's Resilience – From Home
- This short read from Tom Fishburne offers insights about communicating during the pandemic.