Tuesday, 15 January 2019
We're hiring! Regional Manager – US South
Do you want to work with one of the world’s most trusted and influential conservation organizations, operating around the world to protect forests?
Do you want to grow regional markets for products from responsibly managed forests, working with partners in business, environmental groups, governments and communities?
Forest Stewardship Council is seeking an accomplished individual to lead business and market development for the US South region, inclusive of Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia and Florida.
FSC US Regional Manager – South
FSC US is the largest national office of the Forest Stewardship Council and is witnessing a dramatic increase in demand, driving the need to add to our team.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Regional Manager for the US South will:
1. (45%) Connect supply to markets
- Collaborate with current and potential future business buyers who currently (or may in future) preference FSC, and progressively assist them to increase their uptake of FSC-certified materials.
- Track current and potential global and domestic markets for US South-generated FSC-certified forest materials across supply chains and work proactively to connect regional supply to these markets.
2. (25%) Maximize value for partners
- Drive greater recognition of FSC’s value in B2B markets so that FSC Chain-of-Custody (CoC) certificate holders are able to consistently maximize value of investment in FSC.
3. (15%) Expand regional supply
- Leverage market supply chain dynamics and other factors that influence forest management (FM) certification in the development and execution of effective strategies to sell FSC FM certification to key landowner segments, particularly family forests and TIMOs.
- Expand FSC’s successful producer-subsidized group certification model wherein additional FSC forestland in the region is secured through group certification.
4. (15%) Support related efforts across North America
- Serve as FSC US lead for region-specific areas of expertise, including but not limited to aspects such as pulp-based tissue and paper industry leaders and environmental issues of particular significance in the US South region.
- Provide management and implementation support as required for relevant accounts and initiatives across North America.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in an applicable forest products industry, forest advocacy or university extension role.
- Able to travel up to 40% as required (80% regional, 20% national).
- Salesforce or other CRM experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software suite.
- Strong prior experience dealing with complex forestry and forest product industry issues and demonstrated ability in execution of sales strategies on a regional or national scale.
- Willingness to learn and master new information on forest products industries, technologies, local organizations, climate science, forestry, and other relevant topics.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit, ability to organize time, work independently, and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of sales methods and techniques and demonstrated ability to use in execution of sales strategies.
- Proficiency in Salesforce and in all MS Office applications.
- A resourceful and creative mindset, positive attitude, and the knowledge and passion to help build the capacity and reach of this vital international organization.
- Strong social, verbal, written communicator; trustworthy with confidential and/or sensitive information
- Able to work in independent, yet coordinated way; good time manager
- Creative and determined problem-solver
- Driven to results; action-oriented
- Capable of learning and applying knowledge quickly
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Compensation commensurate with experience. FSC US maintains a highly competitive benefits package including health, dental and disability insurance, paid leave, retirement savings plan with matching contributions, and a flexible working schedule.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Maggie Abel at m.abel at us.fsc point org.
- Please reference “FSC US Regional Manager – US South” in the subject line.
- Resume attachments should be named in the following format: "LastName, FirstName - Resume."