Saturday, March 03.2012
FSC works with Hewlett-Packard and The Lorax
FSC-US has been working closely with Hewlett-Packard in conjunction with their sponsorship of the movie The Lorax, released nationwide on March 2nd. Through partnership with the movie, HP communicates to consumers that “Every Inkling Makes a Difference” and how steps such as using FSC certified products can reduce our environmental footprint.
FSC has gained significant exposure with mainstream consumers, particularly parents, students, and teachers. Supported by HP, this campaign includes:
- Online banner ads with an exclusive FSC message
- FSC featured on Point of Sale materials
- FSC featured on the HP website ‘Print like a Lorax’.
- FSC as a key panelist in the HP-sponsored ‘Green Influencer’ events this past February. Events in D.C., Boston, and San Francisco hosted journalists, bloggers and financial analysts. FSC participated in a panel conversation with WWF, HP and Seventh Generation.
- FSC-specific coverage in press release and press events
- FSC featured in Scholastic lesson plans
You are encouraged to take a few minutes to browse Scholastic’s website below. Look for the Forest Stewardship Council, embedded within specific lesson plans. Materials went out to teachers and schools, reaching millions of students and parents!
Visit Scholastic’s interactive site and create a Lorax-themed storybook with your child! Submit your story by April 6th to HP’s Every Inkling Writing Contest. For extra inspiration, see Lesson 2, which focuses on forest ecosystems and includes FSC.
Browse Scholastic’s Student Storybook Tool with specific education on FSC here.