Wednesday, 27 March 2019
Revised FSC Trademark Use Guide for Promotional License Holders Available
March 27, 2019
The revised FSC Trademark Use Guide for Promotional License Holders has been approved and will be effective as of June 1, 2019. The document provides guidance for promotional license holders to use the FSC trademarks for the promotion of FSC-certified products and related services. You can download the revised guide here.
The revision presents promotion of FSC-certified products and guidelines in a more visual and digestible manner. Highlights of the changes implemented in the revised guide include:
- A simplified process to verify products for promotion;
- Introduction of the option for an internal control system for trademark approvals as an alternative to submitting all intended uses of FSC trademarks to the trademark service provider;
- Guidance on how to describe FSC and products with FSC claims and on how to make basic procurement claims;
- Introduction of promotional claims for ecosystems services;
- Integration of the Advice Note on the Requirements for the use of the ‘Forests For All Forever’ marks (ADVICE 50-005)
The guide can be used beginning on June 1, 2019, with the transition period ending on May 31, 2020.
To assist stakeholders in reviewing the changes, FSC has also published a crosswalk document comparing the revised guide with the previous standard, FSC-STD-50-002 V1-0. Download the document here.
Please contact Jenny Anderson (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.