Friday, 25 May 2018
Join a Working Group on Free, Prior and Informed Consent
May 25, 2018
FSC International is seeking seven individuals with demonstrated experience and passion to join a two-year working group to develop a guide to free, prior, and informed consent (FPIC).
One working group position is reserved for a representative of an FSC-accredited certification conformance assessment body. The other six positions are reserved for FSC members, in the economic, social, and environmental chambers, including representatives from the global North and global South.
Ideal applicants will meet the following objectives:
• Willing and able to travel within the European Union and to join online conference calls;
• Committed to attend all scheduled in-person meetings, including during June 25-29, 2018 and the second half of March 2019;
• Experienced in negotiation and in representing the interests of their sub-chambers, with a focus on conflict management and resolution to move challenging issues forward;
• Ability to engage and communicate with their respective sub-chamber (e.g. social global South);
• Practical experience taking a complex idea and applying it in the real world, including the ability to empathize with the forest managers who will implement FPIC on the ground.
All travel costs associated will be covered.
Applicants should send their CVs and a one-page cover letter that states how previous experience is transferrable to the needs of the working group to FSC Policy Manager, Joachim Meier-Dörnberg at email@example.com.
The call for applications will remain open until all positions are filled.
Read information about the project, including background resources and the current version of the guide.