Tuesday, 15 December 2015
FSC Leadership Awards at Greenbuild
December 15, 2015
On November 18th, the Forest Stewardship Council celebrated people and organizations who have demonstrated an enduring commitment to responsible forest management in our annual FSC Leadership Awards at Greenbuild 2015.
Winners – who are pictured in this group photo include the following:
- Clough Construction for extensive use of FSC products in construction and communicating their importance to contractors in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Collins for being a founding member of FSC in 1993 and maintaining a long-term commitment to responsible forest management.
- Dogwood Alliance for advocating the protection of southern forests and using FSC as a way for the marketplace to reward stewardship.
- GreenWood Resources for using 100 percent local FSC-certified wood and earning FSC Project Certification in the renovation of their Portland, OR offices.
- Grim Locke for demonstrating how FSC benefits family woodlands and protects biodiversity in southern forests.
- Herman Miller for leadership in the furniture industry and long-term commitment to offering FSC-certified options to customers.
- Mark Jacobs for consistently promoting FSC certification as away to protect forest values and economies in the Lake States region.
- Menominee Tribal Enterprises for many generations of responsible management of tribal forests currently managed to FSC standards in Wisconsin.
- Minnesota Department of Natural Resources for managing the single largest FSC-certified forest in the United States at nearly five million acres.
- Nordic Structures for developing innovative FSC-certified engineered wood construction products.
- Pioneer Millworks for communicating the benefits of FSC to customers and supplying a wide array of reclaimed and FSC-certified products.
- Rivanna Natural Designs for weaving FSC throughout company operations and communicating the value of FSC to hundreds of award honorees.
- Sustainable Northwest for running the oldest FSC Group Certification in the United States to promote vibrant rural communities.
FSC also unveiled a beautiful new booth in the Expo Hall, designed by Minneapolis-based design & build firm, III AD. Made entirely of FSC-certified wood, generously donated by Certified Wood Products, the booth demonstrated the varied applications wood products can have. With 20,000 people in attendance, the FSC booth and wowed Greenbuild attendees with its creative and engaging design.
You can see more photos from the FSC Leadership Awards here.
Because Greenbuild was located in Washington, DC this year, we co-hosted the event with our close partners who are based there, the World Wildlife Fund’s Global Forest and Trade Network. It was wonderful to have their support and partnership, and we thank them for all of their contributions.
At the FSC Leadership Awards celebration, we were honored to have Representative Keith Ellison (MN 5th District) address the crowd at the event. Representative Ellison is an ardent supporter of social and environmental justice and spoke eloquently of the importance of protecting our forest resources. Representative Ellison’s district includes the part of Minneapolis where the FSC-US office is located.
We were also honored to welcome Representative Rick Nolan (MN 8th District), who attended to congratulate FSC Leadership Award winners, Minnesota Department of Natural Resources and Mark Jacobs, Lands Commissioner for Aitkin County, Minnesota.
Thank you to our Sponsors
The whole Forest Stewardship Council team wants to express our sincere appreciation to our Greenbuild 2015 sponsors. Quite simply, we would not be able to participate in this event without their support.
Sponsors included Collins, Columbia Forest Products, RoyOMartin, Certified Wood Products, SCS Global Services, III AD, and Agency F.
Our booth sponsors also included Thiede Woodworks and Ecoprint.
Thank you to everyone who made our presence at Greenbuild 2015 such a success.
If you are interested in joining us and other sponsors in our booth next year at Greenbuild in Los Angeles, CA, we would love to talk with you. Please contact Amelia (email@example.com) for more information.