Tuesday, 24 March 2015
Case Study of 2014 FSC Leadership Award Winners
March 24, 2015
The FSC Leadership Awards recognize the excellence, innovation and creativity of FSC-certified companies in North America.
The awards honor FSC certificate holders and nonprofit partner organizations who are based in the US or Canada and are committed to creating a marketplace that promotes environmentally appropriate, socially beneficial and economically prosperous management of the world's forests. The awards recognize individuals, companies and "uncommon partnerships" between organizations.
FSC celebrated the recipients at the annual FSC Awards Ceremony in New Orleans, during Greenbuild 2014. The ceremony was co-hosted with WWF and the Green Sports Alliance and featured Rita LeBlanc, owner of the New Orleans Saints and Pelicans.
The 2014 FSC Leadership Award winners, in the following categories, included:
- RoyOMartin – Forest management
- Kimberly-Clark – Tissue manufacturing
- Domtar – Paper manufacturing
- Scholastic – Publishing
- C.F. Martin & Co. – Guitar manufacturing
- World Wildlife Fund, Global Forest and Trade Network – Non-governmental organization
- F.D. Sterritt Lumber – U.S. lumber retail – Eastern
- Sustainable Northwest Wood – U.S. lumber retail – Western
- Columbia Forest Products – Wood product manufacturing
- Jameson (Jamey) French, Northland Forest Products – Individual leadership
- Richard Donovan of Rainforest Alliance and Dr. Robert Hrubes of SCS Global Services – Uncommon partnership
The case study highlights some of the reasons the awards recipients were chosen. You can download the 2014 Leadership Award case study here.