Wednesday, 11 December 2013
Congratulations to the Winners of Design & Build Awards
December 11, 2013
Each year, the pool of applicants applying for the “Design & Build with FSC Award” gets stronger and more competitive, and 2013 was no exception.
This year’s winning projects were all exceptional, both in the quantity of FSC-certified products used and in the creativity they demonstrated.
The team at FSC US offers our sincere congratulations to the award winners. And our thanks to the jury who selected them:
- Lance Fletcher - Director of the Sustainable Design Institute at the Boston Architectural College
- Paula Melton - Managing Editor of Building Green,Inc.
- Doug White - Architect and former Design & Build Award winner
- Andrea Steves - Sustainability Manager with Google.org
- Mara Baum - Senior Associate and Sustainable Design Leader at HOK
The 2013 Award winners were as follows:
- Winner: Commercial/Institutional - Center for Sustainable Landscapes Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
- Winner: Residential - Desert Rain House, Tozer Design, LLC
- Honorable Mention: Commercial/Institutional - Berea College Deep Green Student Residence, Hellmuth + Bicknese Architects, LLC and Berea College
- Honorable Mention: Residential - Roberts House, Green Hammer
In the coming months, FSC will develop case studies about the winning projects, including product applications.
And it's never too early to begin thinking about the 2014 Design & Build Awards. To be eligible, a project must meet the following criteria:
- Completed in 2013 or 2014
- At least 50% of the wood used (by cost) is FSC-certified
- The project is located in the US or Canada
Winners will be recognized at the 10th Annual Design & Build with FSC Awards Reception in October 2014 in New Orleans. Laissez les bons temps rouler!