Friday, 03 February 2012
Meeting of US-Based Certification Bodies
This past January 2012, we invited US-based certification bodies to an in-person meeting at the FSC-US Minneapolis headquarters.
Discussions focused on:
- Principle 10 (Classification of Plantations vs. Natural Forest)
- Controlled Wood Directive Advice 18
- US Controlled Wood Risk Assessment (expected to be completed by November 2012)
- Logger certification (loggers who own the wood harvested must be FSC COC certified)
- Group COC certification (stay tuned for a draft standard open for public consultation)
- The ILO Core Convention Declaration to ensure consistency amongst certifiers
At this meeting, representatives of the certification bodies discussed and agreed upon the interpretations of FSC standards, which will ensure improved consistency and integrity of the FSC system.
FSC-US welcomes comments and questions regarding standard interpretations. Send COC related topics to Emily at email@example.com and FM related topics to Gary at firstname.lastname@example.org.