Tuesday, 14 August 2018
FSC Friday is September 28!
August 14, 2018
Save the date for September 28, 2018! Each year, FSC Friday celebrates the importance of the world’s forests and the key role FSC plays in their conservation through responsible forest management.
FSC-certified businesses, FSC members, schools and organizations around the world will host a series of events to support, celebrate and raise awareness of responsible forest management. People are invited to look for the FSC logo and consider the sourcing of the products they buy in a creative and entertaining way.
For over 20 years, FSC has worked to take care of forests and the people, plants, and wildlife that depend on them. The FSC label gives assurance that wood, paper, and other forest products have been responsibly sourced from well-managed forests and/or recycled materials. FSC Friday is about sharing that message, so that more people recognize the role we play and can help us turn the tide against deforestation and forest degradation.
WHO CAN GET INVOLVED IN FSC FRIDAY?
FSC Friday is open to everyone! Last year, businesses, schools and environmental groups in over 30 countries took part. If you’re interested in the future of forests, we would love to see you involved! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive easy plug and play assets to get you started.
HOW SHOULD I CELEBRATE FSC FRIDAY?
If you do not have any plans for FSC Friday yet, here are a few ideas and tips.
FSC-Certified businesses and environmental organizations:
- Hold a staff awareness day. This might include a lunch and learn, seminar, or short talk about being an FSC certificate holder, followed by a team building activity, (e.g. a quiz or a trip to your local forest). This is a great opportunity to get your whole organization educated about the importance of FSC! Ideas include: Hosting a ‘green’ event at your offices (fancy dress encouraged) or organize FSC Friday office decorations in public spaces.
- Offer your customers a discount or promotional offer to encourage them to choose FSC
- Add FSC Friday assets to your website or social channels, use #FSCFriday
- Work with your local community to create more awareness of sustainability. This might include planting trees, partnering with locals schools, or planning a forest clean up day.
FSC members and interested individuals:
- Take photos using the FSC Facebook filter!
- Give us a shout out on social media. Don’t forget to use #ChooseFSC or the #FSCFriday hashtag.